cellular: +46 (0)73 764 8675
My background is in physics, but as a student I also had time for quite a few extra courses in mathematics and computer science. After my physics degree at Göteborg University I ended up staying and working in academia for a couple of years - first at Chalmers University of Technology and then later at the IT-University of Göteborg. While at Chalmers my time was divided between various software development projects and PhD studies. At the IT-University I was involved in the Art&Technology (arttech) program from when it started in 2002 and until it closed in 2007. During the academic year 2002-2003 I was also involved in the Intelligent Systems Design (ISD) program at the IT-University. From 2006 to 2012 I worked for Tangiamo AB (previously TouchTable AB), where I primarily did algorithm development (multi-touch systems and image processing / object recognition) and testing.
Nowadays I work at Consat Engineering AB, as a software developer at the Embedded Design department.
CV (in swedish, pdf-format)
CV (in english, pdf-format)
- Palle Dahlstedt, Joakim Linde and Mats G. Nordahl (2004), Chaotic Sounds in Coupled Oscillator Networks , Chalmers preprint.
- Joakim Linde (2003), Iterated games as models of alarm calling. Licentiate thesis. Chalmers University of Technology.
- Joakim Linde, Cristopher Moore and Mats G. Nordahl (2001), An n-Dimensional Generalization of the Rhombus Tiling, Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science Proceedings AA, pp. 23-42.
- Joakim Linde (1999), Evolution of Communication. Master's thesis. Göteborg University.
- Home page contents
- Research projects from my time in academia. Dynamics in random networks, game theoretic models of alarm calling, and arctic behavior (macroscopic effects caused by boundary conditions) in tilings and 3-colorings.
- A gallery of movies from various projects - some the material is from research projects, some from work projects, and some just for fun. Chaotic transitions, reaction-diffusion systems, time lapse movies, fractals and more.
- A gallery of images from various projects - some the material is from research projects, some from work projects, and some just for fun. Tilings, 3-colorings, accumulated movement, dynamics of random Lotka-Volterra models, and more.
- Java applets. Physics, cellular automata, pattern formation and more.
- I have written a couple of microcontroller intro pages. This is material that started out as intros for students at the IT-university.
- A vector graphics gallery. A small collection of paper models and recursive figures (poscscript files and PDFs).
- My PHP sandbox. A collection of small PHP applications and some source code. Some of it is being put to use on this site.
- I have a long-standing fascination with fractals (well, actually with pattern formation in general). Not something I spend much time on now, but every now and then there is time for a small project.
- There is irregularly updated blog part of this home page. A slightly more personal (but only slightly) part of the site.
- Primarily for my own interest the site also has a site meta information section containing access statistics and other generated information about the site itself.
- Every home page needs a collection of links, although this is a pretty small one.